Friday, March 4, 2011

Wine was good; forgive my rambling

Pyritic: Of or relating to pyrites; consisting of, containing, or resembling pyrites.
Well that's not interesting. I would have thought something to do with fire. Pyrite must be a type of rock. Hmm, yes. A stone or mineral that can be used to for striking fire. Let's see if OED has something better to suggest.
Nebsy: Prim, precise or Brusque, impudent, cheeky, ill-natured.
Something tells me I won't be using either of these words anytime soon.

Rehearsal went well. Our Priest is a pro. And very funny. Dinner afterward was great. The waiters kept filling the wine glasses up like they were water so it was hard to keep track of how much was drunk. Tomorrow is the big day.

Let the Right One in has gotten really gross. And weird. If there is a scene in your book where the walking undead is about to sodomize a prepubescent vampire, congratulations, because I never thought I would ever be able to write something like that in a review. The me up there feeding the ducks? Totally scandalized. The me now? Asks what do you write for an encore?

Oh. The thing that comes after, with the nursery rhyme and the stone trophy. Well, I'm just disgusted.

For those with strong stomachs and tolerance for rambling I still recommend the book. But get it out of the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment